Improving a facility’s indoor air quality (IAQ) as well as fight against the spread of bacteria and viruses this winter is on everybody's mind. Since many forms of illnesses are transmitted through the air and can stay viable for many hours on surfaces, how do you keep the air you breathe as clean as possible?
ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning) states that "Indoor air is the dominant pathway for exposure to airborne contaminants given that people spend the majority of their time indoors, and indoor air commonly contains numerous contaminants originating from both indoor and outdoor sources. Many of the contaminants impact health, comfort, well-being, learning outcomes and work performance. It is important that IAQ is considered in the design, construction and operation of buildings and HVAC systems. Portable Air Purification devices are helpful to combat many of these contaminants, especially in aging structures where traditional HVAC Systems may have diminished efficiency."
HVAC Duct Cleaning
Regular commercial duct cleaning is the first step in removing airborne contaminants and allergens out of the air you breathe.
- Supply & Return Ductwork
- Dedicated Exhaust Ductwork and Fans
- Air Handler Units
- Internally Lined Ductwork: Cleaning and Encapsulating (Sealing)
- Mold Remediation from all types of Ductworks
- VAV’s Reheat Coils, Mixing Boxes
- Filter Replacements
- UVC Air Purification System
Air Purification Systems
Air Purification Systems are a helpful way to improve IAQ and combat the spread or contaminates within a building.
- Air Filters – only filter out particulate matter before it has time to spread into the air.
- Air Purifiers – captures and kills contaminants within the purifier itself. Air purifiers use one or more filtration and air treatment methods to remove pollutants from the air. Air purifiers that use HEPA filtration can filter air particles down to 0.3 microns in size with a 99.97%.
- Air Scrubbers – utilizes a sear and retrieve method to eliminate contaminants in the indoor air. Air scrubbers are also available with HEPA filtration, allowing you to filter air particles down to 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency rating. In addition, Air scrubbers are excellent for construction and healthcare organizations as they are highly effective at removing both airborne and settled dust and bacteria.
UVGI Light Disinfection
UVC Lighting is a disinfection method that uses short-wavelength ultraviolet light to kill or inactivate microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting their DNA, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions. UVC refers to ultraviolet light with wavelengths between 200 – 280 nanometers (nm). Light in the UVC wavelength can be used for disinfecting hospitals, sterilizing surfaces, destroying harmful micro-organisms in food products and in air. So how does it work?
These specialized lamps produce an ultraviolet (UV) light that disrupts growth and deactivates existing growths, aiding in the disinfection of surfaces, water and more. Using one in your facility can help improve everything from air quality to the health and well-being of your students, faculty and staff. By treating the air circulating in your heating and cooling system, UVC lighting can kill mold and destroy airborne viruses and bacteria that, ultimately, lead to colds, flus and other illnesses.
- Upper Air UVC
- In-duct UVGI Lighting
- UVC Lighting at the Coil
Why Hughes Environmental
Hughes Environmental, is on a mission to keep you and your family healthy with cleaner air. Our aim is to provide you with access to information about the best ways to improve indoor air quality, as well as the tools you need to make it happen. Hughes combines these products into one smart device that uses our patented technology for maximum effectiveness.
From infection control for duct cleaning in hospitals to OSHA confined space training and fall protection when working from lifts, Hughes technicians are experienced and trained to meet your facility’s safety requirements. We’ve performed hundreds of cleaning projects in all kinds of facilities. So, whether your building is a manufacturing facility, a university, school, hospital, or office building, we can help you breathe easier with air purification systems.
Contact Us Here or call 888-845-3952 to lean more about how we can help you breathe easier with air purification systems.