There has been a lot of talk about the importance of using UVC light disinfection systems to help prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses.
UVC Light Disinfection
UVC Lighting is a disinfection method that uses short-wavelength ultraviolet light to kill or inactivate microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting their DNA, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions. UVC refers to ultraviolet light with wavelengths between 200 – 280 nanometers (nm). Light in the UVC wavelength can be used for disinfecting duct work, sterilizing surfaces, and destroying harmful micro-organisms that can be found in the air. There are many different types of systems for UVC light disinfection. One UVC system that is important to include are the Upper Air UVC solutions.
Upper Air UVC Light Solutions
Upper-air UVC refers to a disinfection zone of UV energy that is located above people in the rooms they occupy. This kills airborne pathogens in the room where they are released. Fixtures are installed to prevent direct UV exposures to people in the room.
These fixtures are designed to provide very targeted airborne pathogen reduction in high-risk areas including but not limited to:
- Any common areas…etc.
In-AHU and In-Duct fixtures are installed inside a facility’s ventilation systems to provide high-level, facility-wide disinfection of the airborne infectious pathogens that can cause respiratory sickness, disease, and infection. These surface disinfection UV fixtures are designed for high-level disinfection of contaminated surfaces that can spread infection.
Upper Air UVC Solutions include:
- 2X2 Upper UVC (CDC Series) - The CDU upper air diffuser unit combines dynamic and passive UVC disinfection for high-risk areas. This unit is engineered to use existing 2x2 supply diffuser or use an internal fan along with upper air UVC for stand alone, high rate pathogen reduction.
- High Ceiling Mount UVC (GC Series) - The GC series is for use in large open spaces where ceiling mounting is preferred. The open design of the GC series allows for a wide field of UVGI above the heads of occupants. This allows the unit to be highly effective at inactivation of pathogens in the upper-air space.
- High Ceiling Wall Mount UVC (GL Series) - The GL series open style UV fixtures are wall mounted upper-air systems for use in spaces with high ceilings. The open design of the GL series allows for a wide field of UVGI above the heads of occupants. This allows the unit to be highly effective at inactivation of pathogens in the upper-air space.
- Portable Upper Air Units (MED 418 and 435 Series) - The MED units are a highly-target, upper-air system designed to be portable.
- Low Ceiling Wall Mount UVC (WM Series) - The WM series fixtures are for use in areas where wall mounting is preferred and the ceiling height is lower. The louvered design of this series allows for the upper-air field of UV to stay in a straight line above the heads of the occupants, allowing for effective pathogen mitigation while maintaining CDC/NIOSH upper-air guidelines.
Upper Air UVC Solutions Benefits
Germicidal lights are simple, effective ways to curb bacterial and viral growths. These specialized lamps produce an ultraviolet (UV) light that disrupts growth and deactivates existing growths, aiding in the disinfection of surfaces, water and more. Using one in your production facility can help improve everything from air quality to the health and well-being of you and your occupants. By treating the air circulating in your heating and cooling system, UV germicidal lamps can kill mold and destroy airborne viruses and bacteria that, ultimately, lead to colds, flus and other illnesses. This can keep you and employees healthy.
- 9 surface disinfection
- Sterilizes mold, bacteria, and viruses
- Disinfects coil & drain pan
- Improves HVAC efficiency
- Improves indoor air quality
Hughes Environmental is dedicated to providing Upper Air UVC solutions and products that contribute to improving environmental conditions in your facility for employees and visitors. The use of UVC improves indoor environments and contributes to reduced inmate and staff infection rates and illnesses. It also promotes efficient performance of HVAC equipment with less maintenance and extends equipment life cycles.
Contact Us Here or call 888-845-3952