Now that we have made it to Autumn, the weather will only continue to get cooler. And whether you are a cold weather person or not, we tend to spend a lot more time indoor during the colder season. However, the air movement inside is much lower and only a percentage of the air is fresh. Not to mention, there are many sources that can contribute to indoor air pollution such as printers and copiers, insulation, carpet, furniture made from pressed wood, cleaning chemicals, and dust from building occupants. And in industrial buildings, the pollution sources may also come from the machinery and the dust or debris created during the manufacturing process.
There are many reasons why industries are turning to germicidal UV technology for industrial air cleaning systems. Germicidal UVC lamps can effectively sterilize bacteria, mold, fungi and viruses without the health hazard associated with the use of harmful chemicals. Another big advantage is that UV systems are easy to operate and maintain, and their compact design makes retrofitting simple.
Germicidal UV lamps provide a broad range of applications that are used throughout the world by many industries.
UVC Light Disinfection
UVC Lighting is a disinfection method that uses short-wavelength ultraviolet light to kill or inactivate microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting their DNA, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions. UVC refers to ultraviolet light with wavelengths between 200 – 280 nanometers (nm). Light in the UVC wavelength can be used for disinfecting duct work, sterilizing surfaces, and destroying harmful micro-organisms that can be found in the air. There are many different types of systems for UVC light disinfection. One UVC system that is important to include are the Upper Air UVC solutions.
Upper Air UVC Light Solutions
Upper-air UVC refers to a disinfection zone of UV energy that is located above people in the rooms they occupy. This kills airborne pathogens in the room where they are released. Fixtures are installed to prevent direct UV exposures to people in the room.
In-AHU and In-Duct fixtures are installed inside a facility’s ventilation systems to provide high-level, facility-wide disinfection of the airborne infectious pathogens that can cause respiratory sickness, disease, and infection. These surface disinfection UV fixtures are designed for high-level disinfection of contaminated surfaces that can spread infection.
Upper Air UVC Solutions include:
- 2X2 Upper UVC (CDC Series) - The CDU upper air diffuser unit combines dynamic and passive UVC disinfection for high-risk areas. This unit is engineered to use existing 2x2 supply diffuser or use an internal fan along with upper air UVC for stand alone, high rate pathogen reduction.
- High Ceiling Mount UVC (GC Series) - The GC series is for use in large open spaces where ceiling mounting is preferred. The open design of the GC series allows for a wide field of UVGI above the heads of occupants. This allows the unit to be highly effective at inactivation of pathogens in the upper-air space.
- High Ceiling Wall Mount UVC (GL Series) - The GL series open style UV fixtures are wall mounted upper-air systems for use in spaces with high ceilings. The open design of the GL series allows for a wide field of UVGI above the heads of occupants. This allows the unit to be highly effective at inactivation of pathogens in the upper-air space.
- Portable Upper Air Units (MED 418 and 435 Series) - The MED units are a highly-target, upper-air system designed to be portable.
- Low Ceiling Wall Mount UVC (WM Series) - The WM series fixtures are for use in areas where wall mounting is preferred and the ceiling height is lower. The louvered design of this series allows for the upper-air field of UV to stay in a straight line above the heads of the occupants, allowing for effective pathogen mitigation while maintaining CDC/NIOSH upper-air guidelines.
These fixtures are designed to provide very targeted airborne pathogen reduction in high-risk areas including but not limited to:
- Any common areas…etc.
Hughes Environmental Upper Air UVC Light Installation Services
Hughes is dedicated to providing Upper Air UVC solutions and products that contribute to improving environmental conditions in your facility for employees and visitors. The use of UVC improves indoor environments and contributes to reduced inmate and staff infection rates and illnesses. It also promotes efficient performance of HVAC equipment with less maintenance and extends equipment life cycles.
Contact Us Here or call 888-845-3952